We had 60 seconds to ask Matt Figg, Product Manager, some quick-fire questions. So here’s what he had to say:
- What part of the world do you call home?
I’ve lived in central Leeds for the last six years, and it’s a great city to call home. I love how well located it is – you can escape to the mountains or coast and be back home in time for a dinner reservation!
- What was the name of the last book you read?
“Sovietistan” by Erika Fatland. A brilliant travelogue through the fascinating former Soviet republics of Central Asia.
- What is your favourite holiday destination?
Oh dear, this is a tough one. If I were to choose one country to go back to right now, it’d probably be Georgia – it’s such an interesting place. Tbilisi is a great capital city, and I’d love to go on some long hikes in the spectacular Caucasus mountains.
- All-time favourite movie?
Shamelessly mainstream, but any of the Lord of the Rings films. That soundtrack is hard to beat.
- What was the last thing you googled?
“Which countries are on the green list” – a sign of the times!
- Do you have a favourite hobby?
Travelling! I love exploring new places and coming up with crazy itineraries (if there’s a night train, I’m in) to make the most of my annual leave allowance. I also have great fun running a travel blog, publishing a combination of stories and tips from past trips. Here’s hoping travel can open up soon – I need new material!
- You recently joined Traveltek as a Product Manager. Where have you previously worked, and has it always been in the travel industry?
I joined Traveltek from Jet2, where I’d worked since December 2019. It was my first role in the travel industry, but I only had a few months of normality before Covid turned things on its head!
Before Jet2, I’d been at Lloyds Banking Group, where I started my career on their graduate scheme before progressing into Product-focussed roles.
- Since joining, you have been heavily involved in the V2 project. What part of the project have you enjoyed so far, and can you give us any clues as to what the new name of the product will be?
I’ve really enjoyed the energy around V2. We’re at the start of an exciting journey, and it’s great to see how much enthusiasm there is from everyone who’s working on it. It’s a great challenge for us all, and we’re laying some really solid foundations to build from.
As for the name of the new Product…we’ve narrowed it down to a couple of front runners. You’ll have to wait and see!